"I don't mop up for anybody."

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Diagnosis: An Insane Superbowl


I've felt sick for almost 48 hours now. And, unlike Bird, it's not a case of explosive diareah that's bringing me down.

It's that damn Superbowl.

Anyway, according to my doctor, if I don't talk about my thoughts, I'll become a ticking timebomb.

So, for safety's sake, here goes:

1) Dom Capers' game plan was to keep Ben Roethlisberger in the pocket & the Packers executed it perfectly. I was sandwiched between my wife and a screaming baby on the couch during the game, but I was far more comfortable than Ben was all night.

2) Aaron Rodgers is the bomb.

3) I would be really good, too, if I didn't face any pressure and got to target William Gay all night.

4) Mike Tomlin's troops were slow out of the gate. I guess he thought the first half game plan against Baltimore was worth repeating. (Dud)

5) Rashard Mendenhall continues to fumble in big games. So while I might have issues, at least I don't have a case of big-game fumble-itis like he does.

6) In the 2009 regular season win versus the Packers, Troy Polamalu didn't play. In the 2010 Superbowl versus the Packers, Troy Polamalu didn't really play, either. For safety's sake!

I'd write more, but reminiscing about the game is making me even more ill.

So I'll just keep my thoughts to myself.

Tick....tick......tick.....

No comments:

Post a Comment