"I don't mop up for anybody."

Friday, April 30, 2010

Fly Like a Butterfly and Sting like THE BEAST


I was thinking tonight about all of Butler, PA's, quasi-celebrities.

There's Bret Michaels, Terry Hanratty, the Saul brothers, Matt Clement, Khalil Greene, and Eric Namesnik. Also, I swear that half the residents of Butler claim to be distantly related to Big John Studd. (Apparently, Mr. Studd has more relatives than the biblical Adam.)
For those of you who are already getting nostaligic, I'll throw in the dude who used to run Aland's Toyland, too. Happy now?

But Butler truly does have a claim to fame now...and he's a BEAST. The most accomplished athlete in Butler's history is boxer, Brian "The Beast" Minto.

On May 1st, in Germany, Minto is going to be fighting Marco Huck for the Cruiserweight Title. I'm not saying that you need to fly to Germany to support Minto, or that you MUST watch the fight when it's available (however, for $12, it's worth it). I am suggesting, however, that Butlerites appreciate what they have while they have it. What Minto has already accomplished is phenomenal, and it's time for everyone celebrate him.

Chances are, you'll never see another one like him.
NOTE: The closest thing I have seen to Brian Minto was Bird, in 6th grade gym class, taking a hockey stick to the head of a classmate that was heckling him. True Story. And have I mentioned that we went to a Catholic grade school?

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure Bird still wears his quasi-Minto performance in Chuck Ryan's gym class as a badge of honor.

    I asked Bird if I could have a slice of his pizza the other night, and he goes "you see that hockey stick over there?"

    I understood.

    ReplyDelete