"I don't mop up for anybody."

Friday, April 30, 2010

Dino's



I'll be headed to Dino's in Latrobe, PA, tonight to watch the Pens game against Montreal.

Is there a better sports restaurant/bar in the area? I truly don't think so. Rick's Sports Bar in Export is solid, but I've had better service at a self-checkout line at Giant Eagle. ("Please rescan your item. Please place your item in the bag. Please wait." Somehow, even though it does it to everyone, it's still embarassing when the self-checkout error light blinks)

Dino's offers good food at a decent price, a great atmosphere (tons of huge t.v.'s, an arcade, a bar, the whole shebang), and really good service*. Granted, I'm still bitter about getting carded last time I was there, but I guess she was just doing her job.

Screw it, I'm getting her fired tonight. I'm THIRTY freaking years old.


Now, if you ask Bird what constitutes good food in a great atmosphere, he's going to tell you that PNC Park is the place to be.

But take my side on this one. Instead of wasting your money going down to PNC, parking, walking to the game, spending a fortune on food, and leaving depressed....just sit at home, eat a home cooked meal, and watch The Three Stooges on t.v. You and your wallet will be full, and you'll be just as entertained by Moe and Larry's comedy as you will be by this year's battling Bucs.

Or just check out Dino's. And Remember to order your wings a little extra sloppy (like the Pirates on the basepaths, baby...)


* UPDATE: It figures that after I blogged good things about this place, we got treated like home invaders because we asked for a table for 12. Next time, I'm just going to McDonald's.



2 comments:

  1. Getting carded at 30 is a GOOD thing! Don't get the server fired. She is paying you a compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't have a chance tonight. She wasn't working. But they must've heard about the blog, because they didn't card me.

    Then again, I am wearing my Crosby-esque beard, and maybe that helped?

    ReplyDelete