"I don't mop up for anybody."

Thursday, May 6, 2010

#87 is #1

There's a great article about a Pittsburgh athlete in this week's Sports Illustrated. (I'm not talking about this article)

SI's Michael Farber says that Sidney Crosby is better than Alexander Ovechkin.

I thought it was apparent about a year ago, and again a couple months ago, but the national media must've needed more proof.

I'm not sure if people are high on Crosby or just down on Ovechkin--or a bit of both--but either way, they're finally realizing what Pittsburgh fans have known for years.






2 comments:

  1. So Anthony, Brian is under the assumption that ever good hockey player wins the cup eventually. Now mind u I am still in research of some of this. Brian stated that Ovechkin will eventually win the Stanley Cup. I don't think so with his style of play. I have found a few good players who were big names and never won a cup. Pavel Bure,Jeremy Roenick, Marcus Naslund,Cam Neely, Ed Belfour,Cujo,Marian Hossa,Marty Straka just to name some so far. Now not 100% on all these but the style of hockey Ovechkin plays and the way the Capitals franchis is run and coached currently expect that team to continue to dominate the shittiest division in hockey and flake out in the postseason. Now if I'm incorrwct on some of those let me know Ill find more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twisting my words a bit there...I said that there are very few, if any true superstars that have not won a cup when all is said and done. I hate Ovechkin as much as the next guy, but he is much better than every guy you list there.

    I do agree that in the current situation and coaching style, the Caps will not win. However, players, coaches 0nd organizations change over time.

    If 15+ years from now (probably how long he will play), Ovechkin still hasn't won a cup, you can say I told you so.

    ReplyDelete