"I don't mop up for anybody."

Monday, May 10, 2010

Shady's Back...Tell a Friend

I'm back from Nicaragua so let's get reacquainted by stating the obvious: you missed me.


If anyone pulled a Patrick McDermott while I was away, I don't blame you. I would've done the same thing if I were stuck alone with Bird for 4 days. Sorry 'bout that.


Here are some of the things I thought about on my flight back to Pittsburgh:
  • L.T. and O.J. should be un-enshrined from the Pro-Football Hall of Fame. Ben's an idiot, but he's a monk compared to those two jackasses.
  • I saw several Nicaraguan children playing soccer on a basketball court. Maybe they hate the NBA as much as I do.
  • Hey DeSean, as long as Andy Reid's around, it doesn't matter who your quarterback is.
  • Hindsight is 20/20, but anyone with an ounce of scouting ability should've known Jamarcus Russell was going to be horrendous. You can't teach someone to read defenses after they make it to pros. Just ask Kyle Boller. (Are you kidding me?)
  • Jamarcus has had a Hall of Fame career compared to Kimbo Slice
  • The "Guantanamera" song that they sing in Latin America is really catchy. It's even better when you substitute the words "One-Ton Tomato" instead. ..I eat'a One-Ton Tomataaaa..
  • I bet Dallas Braden will throw a no-hitter sometime soon. The kid's due.
Anyway, it's good to be home. I loved my time in Nicaragua, but since I don't speak a lick of Spanish, I grew very frustrated at times because I couldn't comprehend what they were saying.



(Here's the "After" picture I promised you. Still have a ways to go.)

7 comments:

  1. Anthony the Weight,

    Obviously you found the elixer of muscle growth, did you run into Brian Chushing during your vacation?

    Bird,

    Well, your 5 or 6 game prediction was dead wrong. Maybe you should stick to reading twitters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, Cushing is a phony. What you see in my photo is the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are obvioously dilusional from hanging around Bird. BTW, there is no game 7 tonight, Bird said Pens in 5 or was it 6. Tell your man that he has a 50 50 chance of guessing who will win the series. Also tell him that he can now be definative on the series will end after tonights game.

    Either way, Cushing already has his money. And what a joke to revote. It that's the case, revote in the Hall of Shame jokes...OJ, LT and the list goes on.

    To say he wasn't on roids is a bigger joke. HCG is used to restart production of testosterone after the body has artificially been producing the hormone through steroids. Which you obvously know based on your before and after pictures.

    I'm starting to think the three stooges don't know what you all are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cushing's an idiot. Manny Ramirez had just got busted with the same substance last year (at least I think it was the same substance).

    Pens game was disgusting tonight. I know I'll get bashed in Pittsburgh for saying it, but someone has to. ANYONE can play goalie and allow goals. the Pens D does suck, and yada yada yada...but I can go in there and let up 4 goals in 28 minutes against a below avg offensive team in a game 7. My dog Dexter could, too. Fleury is elite. I'm told it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Do elite goalies get pulled in game 7's at home, in the middle of the 2nd period against an offense like Montreals?

    How many other elite goalies do you need to defend with excuses about 40 games out of the year (even if some excuses are legit). The answer is none. Fleury doesn't suck, and when he's on, he's great. But he's just not elite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it is interesting that Hal Gill now looks like a superstar. When he played for your Pens, everyone complained. Oh well for all of the "yinzers" who didn't want to resign him last year.

    Fluery can be a top goalie, but how many times can a defenseman let a guy skate by unabated?

    As in football, a good QB can look great with a top offense. Look at Tom Brady for example. The list can go on and on.

    Without an agressive big defenseman, you can expect the same results next year.

    Tell your friend Bird that Montreal won in 7 games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed that a good defense would help a lot. But no one ever says our defense is elite. Everyone agrees they suck. I keep hearing how elite our goaltenders is, though. You or I could've let up those 4 goals. So, maybe we're elite too!

    You're spot on about needing a big, aggressive defenseman. We missed Gill and Scudeiri way more than I thought we would.

    Shero whiffing at the trade deadline didn't help matters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bird--your anonymous heckler doesn't seem impressed by your bet that the Pens would win the series in 5 or 6 games. You should give your heckler another number to look for....how many wins for the Pirates this year? 105?

    ReplyDelete