"I don't mop up for anybody."

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

CHAAAARLIE!!!!!!!!

I want everyone to know that Bird still defends the Nate McLouth trade.

To justify the trade, Bird points to Nate's paltry numbers since he joined the Braves.

What does that have to do with the trade? When the Pirates traded McLouth, he was a very good offensive center fielder and had just won a gold glove. His contract was also team-friendly. As far as the fans knew, he wasn't even on the trading block.

That means Neal Huntington got an offer he couldn't refuse. Rumor has it that Huntington didn't even bother to call the other 30 MLB franchises to leverage the Braves offer. Instead, he pulled the trigger.

So, what was so incredibly tempting to Neal?

Since Gorkys Hernandez projects to be a 4th or 5th outfielder and Jeff Locke is a questionable prospect, I'm guessing that Neal was infatuated with Charlie Morton.

Another great call, Neal. Find me a worse pitcher in the majors leagues, and I'll try to find you someone who will go to further depths to defend the Pirates than Bird will. We'll both fail...but not as bad as Charlie Morton does every time he takes the mound. Crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I am defending Charlie Morton Anthony. I think with a guy like Morton he cant get any worse. Also this isnt the year for the team just yet. All the chips are gonna fall into place and me and Brian will be saying "told ya so" when in the very near future this team in competing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let Charlie's pitching do the talking for me. It's probably the safest thing I'll do all day.

    ReplyDelete