"I don't mop up for anybody."

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bookcases and Links

A week and a half ago I ordered a bookcase. It came on Thursday (way before it was supposed to and with free shipping, so far so good) and I was all prepared to put it together and rearrange my basement room accordingly this afternoon.....I then open the box and see there are no instructions, no way to attach the various pieces together and neither of the two legs. Awesome and about as frustrating as listening to Anthony or Jim try to justify their ridiculous arguments.

I just emailed the company asking the missing parts be shipped out, and won't throw them under the bus yet. Its possible that stuff fell out of the box during the UPS process as they definitely weren't careful with the box. It was somewhat busted open at the one end.

So, instead of spending my afternoon building, I present to you some random links:

-Deadspin and Mondesi's House comment about the Ben Roethlisberger Sports Illustrated article and the media in general. I wanted to write something about this subject (mainly the revelation that KDKA withheld a Ben story more than once) but these guys sum up my opinion better than I could.

-Fangraphs sees some good signs from the Pirates offense. If only they could avoid having two guys tagged out at third base on one play...

-According to Empty Netters, Guerin should be back tonight and may replace Ponikarovsky. NHL trade that has worked out worse...Devils getting Kovalchuk or the Penguins getting Ponikarovsky?

-The always classy New England Patriots disappoint some middle school kids. I think someone should be suspended under the personal conduct policy.

-And America's Finest News Source has a different take on the Buccos and how to deal with the struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment