"I don't mop up for anybody."

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Think I Thought...

Very Random Thoughts:

Jared Allen is getting married...so he's losing the mullet. Is that a prerequisite for getting married or something? First--the mullet. Next--the wallet.

The boys on the 102.5 WDVE morning show stole some thunder from yours truly. I heard them refer to Octavio Dotel as "Don't Ask, Dotel" this morning. And I thought those dudes were original.

The majority of voters (17-10) in our latest poll think Tim Tebow will be successful in the NFL. Apparently people aren't impressed by your SAT score, Jim.

If Neal Huntington openly admitted that he purposely screwed up every trade since he's been the Pirates G.M., Bird would still defend him to the death. You should've heard him defending the Aki Iwamura trade yesterday. Bird has clearly flown over the cuckoo's nest. Please pray for him.

The Superbowl is finally going to be held in a cold-weather city in 2014. Way to go, Rog. You've now done 2 things to improve the league. (Speeding up Round 1 of the Draft is the other). Really earning those bucks.

I'm currently watching Season 4 of Seinfeld. Great stuff--but not nearly as funny as The Office.

Speaking of t.v. shows, I'm glad LOST is over so Bird can quit talking about it. I'm also glad 24 is over because in my mind, it ended after Season 5. In the beginning of Season 6, the writers tried telling us that Jack Bauer's Dad and Brother were involved in all the chaos. Stupid. That was it for me.


My post on Hoosiers got me thinking...what's the best movie ever made? Tough call, because different genres make comparing movies pretty difficult. Initially, I considered American History X and Braveheart, and then it hit me... The Shawshank Redemption.










No, Bird, I'm telling you...Shawshank is better than Gigli.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe the guys on DVE are just as good at easy puns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, you sound like Baghdad Bob. If it is that easy, why did it take those comedic geniuses 27 days longer than...you know...Anthony the Mediocre to come up with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the DVE guys were calling him "Don't Ask Dotel" to talk about how good he's been. It doesn't make sense in that context. Hence, it was a stretch. Not exactly genius.

    ReplyDelete