"I don't mop up for anybody."

Friday, May 14, 2010

Picking up the Slack.......Again.

Just four days after returning from Nicaragua, Anthony called me last night and said he might be unable to post for a couple days due to "internet problems." This is not the first time he has called to complain about his internet. I guess that is what happens when you are still connecting via dial-up modem. I actually think Anthony is the last remaining AOL customer. He just hasn't yet been able to justify going to a higher speed option and wasting all those one month free CDs he had lying around.

But rather than dwelling on Anthony's internet issues, here are a handful of early morning thoughts:

-Any talk (like this) of trading Malkin or any of the Pens stars is crazy. You would be solving one problem by creating another. Let's not overreact to running into a team that played the perfect series.

-How is Tiger Woods still number one in the World Golf Rankings? Is he getting rewarded for not playing? Is he getting points for tabloid mentions? Makes no sense to me.

-I don't think he is leaving. but if Lebron James leaves the Cavs, they really should just fold the team. How could they ever recover? They would go from 60+ wins to about 20 instantly.

-Seinfeld ending in 1998 was a bummer, but nothing compared to LOST ending next Sunday. There has never been a show like it (or even close). Maybe I will write an Ode to the Smoke Monster (or the Dharma Initiative) next week.

And don't worry, I am printing out this post when I am done and sending it over to Anthony via telegraph. It seems like the best choice at this point.

UPDATE (5-14-10 @12:50): Anthony is using someone else's internet to make a post today. Mooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment