"I don't mop up for anybody."

Friday, May 21, 2010

Pay it Forward

I'm guessing that the Post-Gazette's Dejan Kovacevic was waiting on pins and needles to write something positive about Nate McLouth. AND HE JUST COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER...

It sounds like Kovacevic is using McLouth's recent 9 for 24 "surge" as justification for writing something positive about him. See for yourself.

Dude, you must really, really want to write something positive about someone if you've waited until they got their batting average to .208 before deciding that now is the right time. I could see being somewhat positive if he hit the game-winning grand slam for the Braves last night (which, of course, he didn't). Anything more than briefly mentioning McLouth's return to Pittsburgh tonight is utterly absurd.

As the Pirates beat-reporter, the only thing Dejan should be writing about, in regards McLouth, is that Neal Huntington--as much as I can't stand him--appears to be right about trading him. For all of the flak Neal got for trading McLouth (and the return on the trade is not promising), it looks like he correctly identified that McLouth was not a core piece of the puzzle.

So, now I've wasted your time trying to explain why Dejan Kovacevic shouldn't have wasted my time today. Pay it forward.

2 comments:

  1. You stole my thunder here. That is the most ridiculous puff piece of an article ever. Amazingly there is no mention of the numerous shots he took at the organization in spring training.

    I wish I could have an "ultra mechanical and compact" swing like Nate. He also didn't emerge "unscathed" from troubles two years ago. He has really only had two above average months in his entire career.

    I can't till the Giants come in. Dejan loves Freddy even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't going to blog again today until I read it. I almost puked. Felt it was necessary.

    ReplyDelete