"I don't mop up for anybody."

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wearing a Sports Jersey is Lame?

Dan Shanoff writes about adults wearing team jerseys:

However, I recognize that -- as an adult -- I look foolish. That's the key for me: It's fine to wear the jersey if you acknowledge that, in fact, you do look a little lame.

...(jump to later)..........

I would like to offer a third way: I am a huge fan of the "jersey t-shirt" -- the replica jersey that is printed onto a T-shirt.

I recommend reading the whole article and all of Dan's writing. (And even more so if you are intrigued or interested in all things Tim Tebow).

With that said, this is pure blasphemy in Pittsburgh.

We wear our jerseys anytime we can. Just the other day, I saw numerous people wearing Penguin jerseys - at a First Communion mass. I am a bit surprised a "Let's Go Pens" chant didn't break out in the parking lot actually. That or "Here We Go Steelers" happens at random places as well.

Workplaces have black and gold day pretty much every Friday during Steeler season where jerseys are the top of choice for most.

People we all know have lucky jerseys that they wear for every Pens playoff game, even if watching at home.

As for "jersey t-shirts?" I always viewed them as for the guy/girl just trying to save a couple bucks.....

Are we the weird ones? Or do other cities just not get it?


No comments:

Post a Comment